- These general terms & conditions are applicable to all bookings for surf trips booked with Marée Travel GmbH (“surfboat“), Baar, Switzerland (directly or through its websites, such as surfboat.pro and surfboat.ch, or through its social media accounts).
- surfboat provides accommodation on a safari boat and surf guiding to surf spots in various locations in the Maldives. The spots are selected on the assumption that you can already surf, we however do not expect your level to be pro level. surfboat does not provide surf lessons and surf coaching.
- The complete price must be paid within the term indicated on the invoice for the booking to take effect.
There won’t be any refunds in case of cancellation or booking changes, because surfboat has to bear the costs of the safari boat in any case. If you or surfboat can replace the spot maybe there is something that can be arranged.
surfboat reserves the right to cancel the trip due to the following reasons: (i) the minimum number of participants was not reached, (ii) force majeure (political tumults, warlike events, riots, unforeseeable official restrictions, natural events of particular intensity, pandemics, etc). In case of lack of participants you will be completely refunded, but will reject any further demands for compensation. You and the other participants may however chose to accept a price increase to compensate the lack of participants.
You are aware of the fact that surfing can be a dangerous activity. surfboat is not liable for any damages except for wilful intent or gross negligence. Hereby your warrant that you have the required level for surfing in the Maldives. Your further warrant that you are properly insured (health, accident, travel cancellation, cost of repatriation, damages, luggage, etc).
We reserve the right to increase the prices under certain circumstances, mainly in case of increase of oil prices.
Please make sure to check the visa requirements. Swiss nationals require a visa for stays of more than 30 days.
Swiss law is exclusively applicable. The exclusive place of jurisdiction is in Basel, Switzerland.
Pandemic Cancelation and Refund Policy
- This present policy applies for all surfboat trips booked during a pandemic such as Covid 19.
- Guests who booked a trip may cancel such trip and receive a full refund in any of the following occurrences: (i) the Maldives implement general entry restrictions that make it impossible for international guests to enter the Maldives; such entry restrictions do not include restrictions such as the obligation to comply with certain measures, such as but not limited to a Covid-test prior to entry; (ii) a majority of airline companies cease to operate on flights to the Maldives from their main hub.
- Travel restrictions that are specific to the country of residence / of departure, can however not be taken into consideration (such as quarantine obligation upon return). Should such a situation occur, surfboat will do its best to find a solution.
- Surfboat reserves the right to cancel a trip related to a pandemic in any of the following occurrences: (i) if a guest has the right to cancel a trip according to the reasons mentioned above; (ii) if several guests mention valid reasons to cancel a trip (without such reasons giving a formal right to cancel) and surfboat accepts such valid reasons.